TL;DR? If you signed up with a Google, Apple, or Slack login then you have no password set by default and therefore will not receive any password reset emails!
Login options when signing-up
When you signed up for your WeTransfer account (seems like it was just yesterday, right?), you were given the option to choose from a couple of different ways to log in to your account.
There is the traditional way of adding an email address and password, or perhaps you are one of those folks on the vanguard of technology who instead chose to sign up by using a Google, Apple, or Slack login? We call these social logins and the way they work is slightly different from the old method of using an email and password.
So what's the difference if you sign up with a social login?
- When you sign up, your account is automatically verified by either Google, Apple or Slack. so there is no need to verify your email address.
- You do not have a password set by default. In case you wish to add a password to your account please see below. Because you do not yet have a password set with WeTransfer, requesting a new password via the login screen will not work.
- To log in, you just need to click the relevant button. For example, Continue with Google or Continue with Apple.
- You cannot change the email address in your account settings. The reason for this is that it is linked to your account on either Google, Apple, or Slack. If you wish to change the email address on your account please reach out to our support team via this link.
How to add a password to your account
If you're wishing to change your password and have signed in with a social login, you'll need to 'sign up' for a new WeTransfer account, using the same email address as your social login, to create a password.
Don't worry, you're not actually creating a new account, our system will recognise your email address and automatically link your password to your existing account.
- Step 1: Logout of the account by clicking this link
- Step 2: Sign up to a new WeTransfer account here using the same email address and create a password
- Step 3: You can then enter your email address and new password to log into your account here, using the black “log in with WeTransfer” button