As it stands, our Premium accounts offer unlimited storage. However, this does come with an initial storage threshold of 5 TB storage. This threshold is outlined in our Terms of Service section 2.10 (as seen below) which is agreed upon at the time of sign-up.
2.10. WeTransfer Premium offers you (amongst others) unlimited WeTransfer File Sharing storage. You will have 5 Terabyte of capacity at your disposal. Should you require more, then you can file a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that this storage threshold might not be suitable for everyone which is why we give the option to request more storage. For this, you can always reach out to our Support team here. If you happen to reach this threshold, the quickest solution to get your account up and running is to free up some storage space in your account. Below are some steps that we recommend to optimize the storage space of your account:
- If you are not using certain files/transfers in your storage, you can always delete them via your account. This will help free up storage. You can read more on how to delete old transfers in our handy Help Center article here.
- With a WeTransfer Premium subscription, you can set custom expiry dates for your transfers. This is a handy way to ensure old or unwanted transfers aren't taking up storage space. You can read more on setting custom expiry dates for your transfers here.
How to check your account storage
1. When you're logged in to your WeTransfer Premium account, you can open your sent panel by clicking on the 'Transfers' tab.
2. In here, you can see all the uploads you’ve done while you were logged in to your account. It shows you the number of transfers and the amount of storage used.
3. The list of transfers is by default sorted by date, with the most recent upload at the top. You can sort the transfers by name, date or recipients.
4. Once you've uploaded a few transfers, you don't have to scroll through your list of transfers to find a particular upload, just search for it with this nifty option. Punch in the search term and hit the return/enter key.
Shared workspaces with Premium
If you have been invited to a WeTransfer Premium account as part of a shared workspace, each member can take advantage of sending and receiving unlimited transfers with unlimited storage. The same threshold applies to each member invited to a WeTransfer Premium shared workspace, each member will have 5 TB of capacity at their disposal. This means for a team of 4 members, your total storage would be 20 TB.
If you would like to request more storage for yourself or your team, you can always reach out to our Support team by clicking here.