WeTransfer is predominantly known for the seamless, secure transfer of large files. But that’s not all; over time, we are constantly adding new features to foster collaboration and become more than just file-sharing software.
With a shared workspace, WeTransfer can be used as a tool to send and receive quick messages, share photos with friends and family, or even collaborate on large projects with your members and clients.
Set up your shared workspace
Setting up your shared workspace on WeTransfer is a quick and easy process. You can do it by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your WeTransfer Premium or WeTransfer Pro account. If you don't have one already, go ahead and create an account by clicking on "Sign up" at the top right of our homepage.
- Once logged in, click on the name icon located in the upper right corner of your screen; a window will open with sub-menu items.
- Click on "Manage Workspace".
- Click on the pencil icon to add the name of your workspace.
- Click on "Email" to add the email address of your member.
- You can add more members by clicking on "+". You can add as many members as you want.
Note: Please be aware that for each member, you will pay per month or year, depending on your membership. The currency you will be charged in varies according to your location.
- After you've finished adding all of the members, click "Send Invite" to have an invitation sent to your member via email.
- Upon confirming the pricing, you will see a confirmation at the top of your screen telling you that your member has been successfully added.
- To switch between workspaces, go to the account drop-down navigation menu on the right and click on the workspace you want to view.
- To see an overview of who is on your shared workspace, click on your workspace and scroll down; a list of names who are members of your shared workspace will appear.
- All your members will have all the offerings that a WeTransfer Premium or WeTransfer Pro account has.
- All your members will see and be able to manage all active file transfers.
- As the creator of the shared workspace, you're the owner and the team captain. You will have access to all portals and all reviews.
- All the files transferred and received by any member will appear on your transfer overview panel.
- You can brand your shared workspace by setting a custom background or even a custom URL. Even your emails can have custom branding.
- You can be a part of as many workspaces as you wish without making further payments.
That’s it! Now you have your own WeTransfer workspace where you can share files, photos, and messages with friends, schoolmates, family and colleagues.