You name your children, your pets, maybe even your car, well now you can finally name your transfers too!
By giving a transfer a name or “title”, you can manage, search and find your transfers more easily across WeTransfer emails, WeTransfer.com and downloaded WeTransfer folders. The recipients of your transfers will know exactly which transfer is which, without the need to download them to check.
So how does this work? Here are some tips on how to use this new feature.
Add a title to your transfer when you are uploading your files
- This will assign a title to your transfer which will be visible in the transfer email, when someone goes to WeTransfer.com to download the transfer, and also in your Transfers panel.
- The title will also be included in the filename of the zip folder that is created when you upload multiple files at once. This way the recipient will now know what is in a WeTransfer zip folder without having to open it up.
Edit a title in your Transfers panel
- Hover over the transfer you want to change the title of and click the "Edit title" button. All future transfers (if the transfer is forwarded) and downloads will use the new title.
Edit a title in the Transfer details page
- Click into the transfer you'd like to rename. At the top of the page below the current title, you'll see the option to "Edit title". This title will be used for all future recipients when the transfer is downloaded.
Use the search bar to find your transfer
- You can easily locate the transfer you need by searching for the title you are looking for.
- Please note that on a mobile device, you can still edit the title before uploading and also on the transfer details page, but not in the Transfer Overview.
If you need any help with naming your transfers, please reach out to our Support team here.