Here at WeTransfer we are all about making creativity easier for you and millions of people around the world. We do our best to respect your ideas, privacy, and workflow and in return we expect you to act with common decency when using our tools.
This policy does not replace our Terms of Service - think of it as a few quick ground rules when using WeTransfer, Paste®, Collect, Paper®, or WePresent. Keep in mind that we’re not liable for any damages or personal injury resulting from the use of our products, and it’s in your best interests to follow these terms. If you don’t, we might have to remove, suspend, or block your content or account, and nobody wants that.
- You won’t share anything - pictures, movies, songs - that you don’t hold the copyright to.
- You won’t use our products to send spam or phishing material. Whether that’s with a link transfer that you forward in a cursed chain message or a transfer that you send out through WeTransfer.
- You won’t share anything that we consider wrong or harmful - and we get to decide where we draw that line. So this includes hate speech based on race, gender, sexual orientation, creed, nationality, religion, language, or other characteristics, whether of an individual or group. This also includes content that is factually inaccurate, false, misleading, misrepresentation, or deceptive. And this definitely absolutely includes child sexual abuse material, which if detected, we will immediately report to the police.
- You won’t pretend to be someone you’re not, because that's creepy.. and illegal.
- You won’t do anything to break or exploit our products, maliciously or otherwise. So if you’re Beyoncé and you’re about to drop your latest visual album for free on WeTransfer, please reach out and give us a heads-up so the thousands of downloads per second don’t crash our servers. We can set something up for you (we’re also big fans by the way).
- You won’t try to exploit or manipulate our products with malicious intent or personal gain. However, if you discover vulnerabilities or loopholes in our security measures, find a bug, or break something by accident, please let us know. We’ll reward you with heartfelt thanks and actual money, plus a huge “achievement unlocked” banner will appear over your head to the sound of silver trumpets.
- You won’t resell, sublicense, rent, lease, offer, or otherwise commercialize any of our products unless you work for Natascha, WeTransfer’s badass chief of sales and advertising.
- You won’t share private or sensitive information like your password, verification code, or full bank details with us or anyone else. If you’ve done so, reset your password immediately and/or contact our support team. Sometimes we will ask you for verification information in order to verify you are the account holder, but we’d never ask you to share details you wouldn’t feel comfortable shouting out in a crowded street.
- You won’t insult, bully, or disrespect any WeTransfer customer support agent you speak to. They’re just trying their best to help you and whatever upset you probably isn’t even their fault. Also, please don’t mess with our support team by sending us viruses or flooding our inboxes. Why would you do that?
- You won’t break the law or in general do anything that might disappoint the best, kindest, most good-hearted person you know. (Basically your dog. Don’t disappoint your dog.)