When you receive a transfer with more than one file in it, and download that transfer, we’ll automatically create a .zip folder to deliver your files.
This article will walk you through how to download a transfer via your iOS device.
First thing’s first, though - have you got enough storage space available on your device? If you’re not sure how to check, Apple’s got some instructions here.
Our free Collect app can download any transfer with ease. However, if you’re downloading via your mobile browser instead, the process is a little bit different.
Here’s how you do it:
1. You got an email from WeTransfer, telling you that you’ve received a transfer. Open the email and tap the ‘Get your files button.’
2. Your browser will open the download page, and you’ll have a chance to download our Collect app.
3. If you don’t want to download Collect, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on ‘Download all as .zip’.
4. You’ll see a new page, and your download will start. You can track the progress by tapping the blue circle icon with the downward arrow at the top-right corner of your page.
5. Once the download has completed, you can tap the icon and you’ll be taken to your Downloads folder, or wherever your device is configured to store downloads.
6. You’ll see a file name similar to the one shown in the screenshot - tap the .zip file, and you’ll see the folder extract.
Tap on the folder and enjoy your transfer!
If you're having trouble opening your .zip file like this, there are many external applications you can use to open these kind of files. We recommend using WinZip for mobile.
Please note that the above steps and screenshots were captured from an iPhone X running iOS 14. If you can’t follow these steps, please refer to Apple’s Help Center, here.