Is our website giving you trouble? Do you have a problem with receiving emails or logging in? Look no further! We're here to help with the most common issues:
- (Part of) the website is not loading or shows an error
- The website is unresponsive / greyed out
- I can't log in
- I've been blocked for too many failed login attempts
- I'm not receiving password reset emails
- I'm not receiving emails from WeTransfer
(Part of) the website is not loading or shows an error
Oh no! The website does not load, or a part of the website is showing an error message for you? Something might be interfering with our website.
The most common cause of this issue is an out-of-sync clock. We know, sounds weird, right?
To ensure that your computer is set to the correct time, please follow these steps even if your clock appears to be set to the correct time. If you are working on a Mac, you can follow these instructions provided by Apple.
If you're on a PC, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the clock and select “Change date and time settings”
- Click on the “Internet Time” tab
- Check if it is set to “synchronize the time with time.windows.com”
- If the option is selected, click on change settings to check the option “Synchronize with an Internet Time server”
- Click on OK
Refresh the page and it should be working for you again! But if not, let's go through some more troubleshooting steps:
- Check the URL for misspellings. Remove the 'www' part in case of a 'Your connection is not private / secure' error message.
- If you are using a company computer or network, please contact your IT department to make sure there are no issues on their end and make sure our service isn’t blocked or interfered with.
- Restart your computer or mobile device, and restart your modem/router. A fresh start might solve your problem for you.
- Click here to reset your cookies and cache. Please know that this will remove any auto-filled emails and preferences you have set with WeTransfer.
- Update your Operating System and browser to the latest versions.
- Try using another up-to-date browser or your browser’s incognito/private mode.
- Something may be interfering with our service. Please check your firewall, anti-virus, VPN, and browser extensions (including ad-blockers). Turn them off one by one to see if they are causing your issue.
The website is unresponsive / greyed out
So the website looks greyed out, it's not responsive, and you're looking at a background picture of seaweed? That means something is blocking our cookie wall from showing up, which in turn prevents you from using our services.
This is probably caused by your ad-blocker. Please turn that off and try again. You might also want to check and turn off any other browser extensions you may have that could be blocking our cookie wall, like pop-up blockers, anti-virus, or other security extensions.
Alternatively, using a different browser or your browser's incognito/private mode might work as well. Opening your browser in incognito/private mode will not load your browser extensions, which could possibly circumvent this issue.
If you're using a company computer or network, please contact your IT department as they might be blocking our services or our cookie wall.
I can't log in
If you're not able to log in, you may not be using the right credentials.
- Have you maybe signed up with your Google, Slack, or Apple account? In that case, you can not log in by entering an email address and password on our website. You will have to click on the "Continue with Google/Slack/Apple" button
- You may be entering the wrong password or email address. Did you maybe change it, and have forgotten about it? Click the "Forgot password" link if necessary.
- Maybe you don't have an account with us. Sending and receiving transfers with WeTransfer doesn’t require registering for an account. If you’ve used our service to send something or if someone else has sent you a file, it doesn’t automatically mean that you’ve got an account with us.
- If you get the "Hey, you already have a WeTransfer account! Please log in instead" message, you've misclicked somewhere and are actually trying to sign up for a new account instead of logging into your existing one. Underneath the message, you will see two links, one saying "Log in", the other saying "Create account". Make sure you click on "log in".
I've been blocked for too many failed login attempts
So you got the "You’ve tried to log in too many times. We’ve blocked your account for security reasons" message after trying to log into your account?
Please check your email. We will send you an email with instructions on how to unblock yourself.
Didn't receive the email? Not even in spam or hidden folders?
- The most probable scenario here is that you've signed up with your Google, Slack, or Apple account. In that case, you can not log in by entering an email address and password on our website. You will have to click on the "Continue with Google/Slack/Apple" button to log in.
- You may not have an account with us on the email address you tried to use. Check for misspellings, try to remember if you changed your email address (or maybe one of your colleagues did?), or maybe you have never signed up for an account at all. If you signed up for an account with us, you will have received a welcome email at that email address.
I'm not receiving password reset emails
You've tried to reset your password, but after waiting for a while and checking your spam and hidden folders, you don't seem to receive the email to reset your password?
The most probable scenario here is that you've signed up with your Google, Slack, or Apple account.
If you've signed up with your Google/Slack/Apple account, you do not have a password set with WeTransfer, meaning that you can not log in by entering an email address and password on our website.
To log in, you will have to click on the "Continue with Google/Slack/Apple" button.
If it's the case that you have signed up with your Google/Slack/Apple account and there is no password set with WeTransfer, requesting a password reset will not work, as there is no password to reset.
Also, please know that if you are seeing a message that your account is blocked because of too many failed login attempts, this is because you are trying to log into an account that does not exist; one that uses your email address and a password. Your actual account is doing just fine and can be accessed by clicking the "Continue with Google/Slack/Apple" button.
I'm not receiving emails from WeTransfer
Not receiving our emails?
This can be for many reasons. The most common reason is that our emails are being rejected by your mail server!
However, certain email managers think we are spam. Adding our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted contacts in your email application works for many people. Please follow this guide to find out how to whitelist our address.
Did you not find the answer to your troubles? Please contact our Support team by hitting the button below, and we'll help you out!