*Please note: this feature is in its beta phase and is available to selected WeTransfer Pro and WeTransfer Premium subscribers in Canada & US.
With Paid Transfers, you’re able to upload your digital creations, determine your price and share your product with whomever you like. Need help choosing files to monetize? We’ve put together a guide for you where we talk in detail about what you can sell as a paid transfer - here.
Uploading your your digital product
To upload, simply clicking on the ‘+’ sign or dragging and dropping your files into the transfer window.
Naming your product
To name your digital product, simply enter the product's title within the designated 'Title' field. This title will be visible to your buyers. You can also add some flare with the product description — just type it in the 'Message' field.
Creating a purchase link for your product
To create your Paid Transfer you simply select ‘Get transfer link’ as your transfer option. *Please note that only link transfers can function as Paid Transfers as this feature is still in its beta phase. You can also set an expiry date for your Paid Transfer so you decide when your product is no longer available for download.
Personalizing your product
You also have the option to set a custom wallpaper to your Paid Transfer, allowing each product to have its distinctive background that showcases its best features! Learn more about your customization options here!
Do you need some inspiration and tips?
Here is what we’d recommend for getting most out of your transfer background:
- Give your client or audience a sneak peek, choose the best visuals to showcase your work—be it video, photo, or your design.
- Link out to your website, portfolio, Patreon, TikTok, Instagram, or other page. You can choose to link your backgrounds to another website. When a visitor clicks on your profile backgrounds, a separate window will open the website you've linked.
- Elevate your background with credentials. This will require some extra design finesse as you'll need to employ another software tool—be it Adobe Photoshop or something as user-friendly as Canva. We recommend imbuing your background with a touch of professionalism by incorporating your logo, testimonials, awards, or any other elements that showcase your credibility.
More tips in our guide.
Password protect your product
You have the option to set a password for your to secure your Paid Transfer. So, only those with the password can download your product. Please note, that we don’t store your passwords so be sure to keep them safe!
Additionally, you can add a custom expiry date. This way you will create a sense of urgency which is one of the bullet-proof sales techniques.
Pricing your product
Once your file has finished uploading, the Transfer Details panel will open up (see image below). There, you'll see a Price field. Simply click “Change” in this Price field to add a price for your digital content. Currently, prices are in USD only, ranging from $1 to $999. Confirm your price by clicking the checkmark. You’ll then see a banner below confirming that your price has been added.
How to figure out the price?
Pricing digital products is another territory with so many unknowns. Should you sell cheaply to get more purchases or raise the price? What is the sweet spot? Those questions can easily leave you overwhelmed. We’ve put together this article to help you get past the perplexity. Here is this story on our guide.
Bonus: a few tips to make your transfer stand out even more? We recommend keeping everything on brand. Add background to your emails to make your work stand out for your client. Use the opportunity to showcase your logo by uploading an avatar. Showcase your brand when they pay as well. For now, we use Stripe as a payment provider. And we recommend you customize your checkout page, invoices, and much more on Stripe.
Learn how - here.
Now you’ve officially created your Paid Transfer and you can now begin sharing your product to potential buyers using your download link.
Sharing your product
Just like any other transfer, you can use this link in a few different ways.
- Sharing the link directly. When you know the buyer is already interested in your product or as a pre-arranged method for delivering your asset.
- Sharing on social media or via emails. When you have an established community that already knows what you offer.
- Linking out to the URL from your website. If you already have a complex ecosystem set up. This works particularly well for creators with a portfolio site and want to monetize without having to re-configure or re-build the site entirely.
More tips on preparing your files for delivery — in our guide.